Monday, January 16, 2012

JAM DROPS


This is me on a biscuit making frenzy.  In this picture the Jam drops are in the biscuit barrel but they are still cooling and I am already onto making Anzac biscuits here. 

I had my first Jam drop at Aunty Emma's house at The Summit near Stanthorpe.  Emma Shatte was a legend to me and when I was little she was in her eighties then.  She could do fine needlework with no glasses.  Her eyesight was perfect.

My kids loved me making these biscuits and they never ever lasted long and I always made double this recipe for that reason.  I usually made double the recipe for most things.  It goes with the territory of having lots of mouths to feed.








Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade temperature.

Ingredients:

2 Cups Self Raising Flour
125 grms Butter
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 Egg
3 to 4 tablespoons of milk
Raspberry Jam

Method:

1. Sift Flour into a bowl
2. Add butter and rub in with fingertips
3.Add vanilla and sugar
4. Lightly beat in the egg
5. Gradually add milk
6. Roll into tiny balls
7. Indent each ball and place a tiny bit of raspberry jam.
8. Bake in 200 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until nicely cooked
9. Cool on a wire rack
10. Recipe makes approximately 30 tiny biscuits and 24 larger ones.

Images by Mezza - Jam drops by the dozen made by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment