Friday, June 14, 2013

MARINATED FISH

pan fried whiting

INGREDIENTS:

Fish Fillets

Lemons
Garlic
Oil
Sea salt
30mls water
Black Pepper
Plain Flour for dusting fish
Plate for flour
Frying pan
A smile.


METHOD:

1. Cut the fish fillets into cubes / I prefer Whiting Fillets as no cutting is required usually
2. In a separate bowl squeeze lemon to get at least 20 mls
3. Blend the garlic and add in the bowl
4. Add two tablespoons of oil,  salt, water, black pepper
5. Soak the fillets in this mixture

Allow it to soak for 15 minutes.

1. Place a frying pan on the heat moderately hot
2. Pour some oil in to it
3. Allow this to heat up
4. Dust the fillets with the flour.
5. Place these in the frying fan carefully so as  not to splash the oil
6. Cook until golden brown


Into the frying pan, a scene in a Mharashtrian...
Into the frying pan, a scene in a Mharashtrian Kirchen (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Bon Appétit

A small story about Fish.
When I was pregnant with all three of my children I craved fish desperately.  I craved Whiting to be precise.   I wanted this fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  All other food and the thought of eating it made me feel ill.  Whiting cooked to the above method and a squeeze of fragrant lemon juice over these won my heart and my tummy.   This allowed me to eat and not be ill.
Fish is such a cool food too.  It is 87% Protein. This food is low in Saturated Fat. It is also a very good source of Protein, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus and Selenium.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment